The St. Vrain Valley School District recognizes the importance of a quality early childhood experience. The District provides preschool programs at all elementary schools and some community sites. The preschool program is family focused and the standards-based curriculum promotes learning through play and discovery. One of the main goals of the preschool program is to prepare children for kindergarten.
The Early Childhood/Preschool department oversees the following preschool programs:
- Tuition programs for 3 and 4 year old children
- UPK (Universal Preschool Program) for 4 year old children both an AM and PM session will be offered, Monday-Thursday. With some full-day, options available at certain locations.
- Special Education services for eligible preschool children 3 to 5 year old children (4 half-day sessions to meet individual needs) – Preschools work collaboratively with the District’s Special Education Department (Child Find) in the assessment, identification, and programming for children with disabilities
The department is responsible for supervision and implementation of the following:
- Preschool Standards
- Curriculum – Creative Curriculum® from Teaching Strategies
- Assessment – Teaching Strategies GOLD (on-line, authentic assessment)
- Results Matter – Colorado’s statewide early childhood system
- Colorado Preschool Program – state funded program