New Teacher Orientation
New Teacher Orientation (NTO) is required of all newly hired licensed staff members. NTO 2022 will take place on August 5, 8, and 9. Most of the content will be presented in Schoology.
Agendas for 2022 New Teacher Orientation:
Day 1: Friday, August 5, 2022
8:00am – 9:00am: Getting to Know Your Building Community (Home Building)
9:00am – 10:00am: Premier Video (Home Building)
10:00am – 10:30am: Travel to Longmont High School and check in
10:45am – 11:45am: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Part 1
11:45am – 12:15pm: Lunch at Longmont High School provided by SVVEA
12:20pm – 12:35pm: Dr. Don Haddad (SVVS Superintendent)
12:35pm – 12:45pm: Steve Villarreal (St. Vrain Valley Education Association)
12:45pm – 1:15pm: Welcome from OPD and Prizes
1:20pm – 2:10pm: Breakout Session 1
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Part II – LHS Community Room (Elementary Educators)
- Exploring Technology in SVVS – LHS Commons (Secondary Educators). If you do not have a district- issued laptop and iPad, you will receive yours at this time.
2:15pm – 3:05pm: Breakout Session 2
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Part II – LHS Community Room (Secondary Educators)
- Exploring Technology in SVVS – LHS Commons (Elementary Educators). If you do not have a district- issued laptop and iPad, you will receive yours at this time.
3:10pm – 3:30pm: All Participants (Auditorium)
- Brain Dump
- Review Day 2 Schedule
- Prizes and Community Partners
- Closing and Ice Cream (provided by Sweet Cow)
Day 2: Monday, August 8, 2022
8:00am – 9:00am: Welcome and Teaching/Learning (Home Building)
9:00am – 11:30am: Morning Breakout Sessions (Home Building)
11:30am – 12:30pm: Lunch at Home Building
12:30pm – 3:30pm: Afternoon Breakout Sessions (Home Building)
Day 3: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
8:00am – 11:30am: Personalized Professional Learning (Home Building). All Special Education and ECSE teachers will be attending a Special Education Professional Development Day.
11:30am – 12:30am: Lunch at Home Building
12:30pm – 3:30pm: Teachers Choice at Home Building. All teachers (except Special Special Education and ECSE teachers) will have the opportunity to work in their classroom/building.