About the Office of Professional Development
The Office of Professional Development provides ongoing support for licensed, administrative, and classified personnel. The department also coordinates the induction program for licensed personnel new to the district or their position.
Guiding principles of the Office of Professional Development
- Improve learning for all students.
- Improve teacher effectiveness.
- Set high standards for teachers, administrators and classified staff.
- Promote continuous staff learning and reflection.
- Enhance staff intellectual and leadership capacity.
Underlying Assumptions of Professional Development in St. Vrain
- Continuous learning and reflection lead to improved professional practice, job performance and/or increased student learning.
- Adults learn well by structuring their own learning.
- Collaborative problem solving fosters efficacy and interdependence among staff.
- Learning that is designed by the individual(s) must be research based, data driven and centered on professional practice, job performance and/or increased student learning.
- Learning must be linked to district, school, and professional growth goals.
- Effective professional development generates results that are talked about and shared with students and colleagues.
- Three Teaching and Learning Coaches, and four Learning Technology Coaches
- District Induction Program for teachers, administrators and classified staff
- District professional development courses for all employees
- Professional Development Models and Applications
- University Partnerships
- Partners in Education (PIE) Program
- Student teacher supervision and support
- New Employee Orientation (teachers, administrators and classified staff)
- Classified Welcome Back
- Title IIa funding
Location and Hours
The Professional Development Office is located in the Innovation Center, 33 Quail Road, Longmont.
Office Hours are 7:00 – 4:00, M – F, except for June and July, when we are open 6:30 – 5:00, M – Th.