All students in St Vrain Valley Schools will have access to free healthy, nutritious school meals beginning in the 2023-24 school year thanks to the Health School Meals for All program approved by Colorado voters.
Our District is very excited to participate in the program. Here is some additional information and a few important reminders about what this means for our schools and families.
- Please continue to fill out the Free and Reduced Price Lunch form. While meals will be provided for free to all St Vrain students through Healthy School Meals for All, it’s important for us to continue gathering this information to receive full access to available federal funds that support nutritional programs at your school.
We ask all St Vrain families to please complete the form during registration for the 2023-24 school year. By providing this information, you will help our district access all available funds to cover the cost of meals, and other nutritional programs for students. Plus, families who fill out the form may qualify to receive discounted school fees, class materials, bus passes, utilities support and more!
- All household income information provided through this form is strictly confidential and protected by law. Only one form is required for all children in the household. Immigration, migrant, citizenship or refugee status is not required when completing the form.
If you have questions about completing the form, please contact your school’s nutrition department. Learn more about the Healthy School Meals for All program in this short video:
Family Benefits to Submitting a Free & Reduced Price Lunch Form:
● School program fees are waived.
● After-school program fees are waived.
● Preschool programs fees are waived.
● SAT and ACT tests and college application fees are reduced.
● Access to community food banks services are available.
● Discounts on utilities and internet service are available.
● Discounts for participation in community groups like sports or YMCA programs are available.
School Benefits to Submitting a Free & Reduced Price Lunch Form:
● Schools receive more federal dollars in their budgets to support students.
● Schools receive additional dollars in grants targeting school programs.
● Title I Schools receive additional funding dollars for classroom support.
● District Technology Services receives additional e-rate funding dollars for classroom support.
● St. Vrain Valley Schools qualifies to receive more money per student from the state and federal
government, which they can pass on to school classrooms.
● Middle schools with high return rates may also help their feeder elementary schools qualify for free
afterschool snacks, dinners, and on-site summer meals.
● Schools may become eligible for money to fund after-school programs.
● Schools may become eligible for money to fund preschool programs
A new application must be completed each school year, available after July 1st of each year. Families are responsible for any charges that accrue anytime between benefit status lapses.
Applying online is the fastest way to get your application processed to ensure no lapse in coverage happens. Applying online also reduces the chance for errors and the need to send applications back to families to correct.
I don’t qualify for free or reduced priced meals, do I need to do anything?
If you do not believe you qualify for free or reduced-price meals, please check the “do not wish to respond” button on the online application so we know to not to continue to contact you with reminders.