To become a substitute teacher within the St. Vrain Valley Schools, SVVSD, an applicant must complete the following processes:
- Acquire or hold an active Colorado Teaching or Substitute license from the Colorado Department of Education.
- Complete the Application process with SVVSD.
- Attend the SVVSD’s Substitute Teacher Orientation.
The Colorado Department of Education, CDE, issues teaching licenses to qualified applicants. SVVSD requires that applicants hold one of the following State issued licenses:
- Colorado Teaching License – Professional and Initial Licenses are accepted.
- Colorado Substitute Authorization – The District currently accepts 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year substitute authorizations. The District determines each year whether or not to continue accepting 1-year substitute authorizations.