Student Data Privacy – Parent Resources
How is Education Data Used?
Resources for Parents
- 8 Things You Should Know about Student Data
- Student Information Privacy and Protection Policy(JRCB*)
- Codex, the programs (websites, computer applications, iOS apps, etc.) used in St. Vrain Valley Schools
- How Data Can Help Teachers
- The Data Quality Campaign
Colorado Department of Education (CDE) has created and gathered the following resources to help parents understand what data is collected about students and how that data is used. If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) General Guidance for Parents
- About the Family Policy Compliance Office – U.S Dept. of Education (FPCO)
- A Parent’s Guide to Student Data Privacy, created by ConnectSafely, Future of Privacy Forum and the PTA
- What Data is Collected?