Senior Volunteer Program
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, this program is on hold until we can provide a safe environment for our senior volunteers.
The St. Vrain Valley Schools Board of Education has approved a program that allows senior citizens or individuals with a disability certified by their doctor to work off a portion of their property taxes by volunteering with the district. Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants must be 60 years of age or older or have a disability.
- Applicants who are a person with a disability must submit a signed and dated letter from a Colorado licensed health care professional verifying the taxpayer is a person with a disability.
- Applicants must own AND live in the home for which they are applying (must be residential non-income producing).
- Applicants must reside in the St. Vrain Valley Schools boundary area.
- Only one person per household may apply.
- Applicants cannot be a current St. Vrain Valley School District employee.
Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. Qualified individuals interested in participating should download and submit an application or call Kristie Jonason at 303-682-7205 to register. Participants will be paid for up to 40 hours worked at $12.00 per hour for a total of $480.