Whom do I contact if I have concerns about my child’s development?
Call Jodie Guerrieri at Child Find (303-772-6649) to schedule a screening.
At what age are children eligible to receive services in Special Education?
The District is required to provide Special Education to eligible children when a child reaches their 3rd birthday.
If a child qualifies for Special Education and a preschool program is recommended, is the child guaranteed a placement in the school of attendance/residency?
No, the District must provide a Free Appropriate Public Education that meets the individualized needs of the child and sometimes this means attending an appropriate preschool outside of the attendance area. The District has a limited number of preschool programs therefore, the attendance/residency area program may be full when the child is identified for special education. In this case, another program would be recommended.
Programs & Services:
- Must be 3 years of age
- 2, 3 or 4 day programs available
- Half day mornings or afternoons
Identification & Eligibility:
- Eligibility is determined by Child Find at district Student Services
- To schedule a screening appointment call 303-772-6649
- No charge to parents for eligible programs and services
- At school site, after eligibility and placement is determined