Digital Learning Academy
The Digital Learning Academy (DLA) provides educational services during a transitional placement. Educational services include both academic and social/emotional instruction and support. Placements at the DLA are temporary, typically one semester or less. Once complete, students typically transition back to their home school or a more permanent alternative setting. The DLA is best suited for secondary students.
What We Believe – DLA Program Philosophy
- We believe that the Digital Learning Academy is a positive, safe, and tolerant educational environment.
- We believe that learning increases when we keep students academically engaged and socially involved in a small supportive school community.
- We believe that DLA provides academic and social enrichment opportunities that foster soft skills that are vital to school and life success.
- We believe in the concept of alternative environment rather than alternative rules.
Clear boundaries, expectations, and management strategies are explained to students and parents during orientation.
Management strategies and interventions will be implemented fairly and consistently.
- We believe that parent involvement is important to student success and we seek a collaborative partnership with all of our parents.
We expect parents to attend an intake meeting to receive information about DLA and its policies.
- We believe in open lines of communication between DLA staff members and the students and parents we serve.