Aquatic Center of St. Vrain Valley Schools
In 2016, our community approved a $260 million bond to address rapid continued growth, enhance school safety, and ensure that St. Vrain Valley Schools can continue our commitment to excellence in serving our community. Bond projects are on schedule – or in many cases, ahead of schedule – as the district operations and finance departments work diligently to stay ahead of inflation and rising construction costs to ensure that we are receiving the highest value and return on our community’s investment in our schools. Due to strong financial management and advanced planning of bond projects, St. Vrain Valley Schools is using additional bond funding to construct a communitywide aquatics center.
About the Facility:
- Address: 4901 Nelson Rd., Longmont, CO. 80503
- Building Size: 13,200 sq ft
- Construction Cost: $8,750,000
- Construction Start: January 2021
- Construction Ends: November 2021
- Facility Features: Eight lane competition pool, diving well, and seating to host up to 120 spectators
- A practice and competition site for high school swim and dive programs across the district.
- An instruction site to accommodate new course offerings for students including lifeguard training, swimming I and II, and underwater robotics.
- A physical therapy center for student-athletes.