St. Vrain Valley Schools Aquatics Facility
In 2016, our community approved a $260 million bond to address rapid continued growth, enhance school safety, and ensure that St. Vrain Valley Schools can continue our commitment to excellence in serving our community. Bond projects are on schedule – or in many cases, ahead of schedule – as the district operations and finance departments work diligently to stay ahead of inflation and rising construction costs to ensure that we are receiving the highest value and return on our community’s investment in our schools. Due to strong financial management and advanced planning of bond projects, St. Vrain Valley Schools is using additional bond funding to construct a communitywide aquatics center.
About the Facility:
- Address: 4901 Nelson Rd., Longmont, CO. 80503
- Building Size: 13,200 sq ft
- Construction Cost: $8,750,000.
- Construction Start: January 2021
- Construction Ends: November 2021
- Facility Features: Eight lane competition pool, diving well, and seating to host up to 120 spectators
- A practice and competition site for high school swim and dive programs across the district
- An instruction site to accommodate new course offerings for students including lifeguard training, swimming I and II, and underwater robotics
- A physical therapy center for student athletes.
- In the future, the facility will be available as a public swimming space for classes open to St. Vrain community members.
Submit your name suggestions for St. Vrain Valley Schools’ new communitywide aquatics facility
As a member of our community, we invite you to help name our newest facility. This is a great opportunity for students and their families to shape the future of a facility that will be a part of our community for years to come. The survey will remain open until March 9. At that point, an advisory committee will review name suggestions which will be brought to district leadership and then voted on by the Board of Education at the April 14 Board of Education Session.