The Department of Assessment is part of the Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction Department at the Learning Services Center. The assessment department oversees all Colorado state assessments, district assessments, and manages the district data warehouse.
The Assessment Department is responsible for the following to support our community, parents, administrators, teachers, and students in the St. Vrain Valley Schools:
- Support the existing assessment programs PreK-12.
- Support and facilitate the review, development, and implementation of a comprehensive PreK-12 assessment program.
- Manage the district data warehouse system.
- Collaborate with district curriculum coordinators to develop content area assessments.
- Alignment of PreK-12 assessments with standards, curriculum, instruction, and reporting.
- Analyze PreK-12 assessment data and share results with stakeholders to improve instructional practice.
- Design and facilitate professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Customize support for school-based improvement based on identified needs and goals.
Committees & Assemblies
The Department of Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction has established teacher leadership teams with representation from each building to support District initiatives, District achievement goals, professional development, and district assessment cycles. The Elementary, Middle School, and High School Assessment Leadership Teams meet quarterly as a communication and support link between teachers, schools, and the District.