High-Quality Preschool Programs
St. Vrain Valley Schools has offered high-quality preschool programs in elementary schools for more than a decade. Our engaging and comprehensive curriculum is taught by licensed teachers and gives students a competitive advantage that prepares them for kindergarten and beyond.
Preschool Registration is Open
St. Vrain offers high-quality preschool programming across all school communities in the district. For the 2023-2024 school year, both an AM and PM session will be offered, Monday-Thursday with some full-day, options available at certain locations.
What is Universal Preschool?
Universal Preschool (UPK) in Colorado ensures that every child (four years of age on or before October 1), in the year before they are eligible for kindergarten, is eligible for free preschool beginning in the 2023-24 school year. Three-year-olds with certain qualifying factors are eligible for part-day (10 hours) preschool programming.
Registration Process for 2023-2024
We’re excited for the opportunities that Universal Preschool will bring to our community beginning in the fall of 2023.
- Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is going on now.
- Children who are 4 years old on or before October 1 (in the year before they are eligible for kindergarten) will receive free part-day preschool.
- Opportunities for additional hours of free preschool are available at certain schools for qualifying 4-year-olds. Qualifying 3-year-olds are eligible for part-day (10 hours) of preschool programming.
- Please visit the Universal Preschool website to review the qualifying factors.
- Tuition-based and scholarship opportunities are also available for 3-year-olds.
To register for the 2023-24 school year:
All families with 4-year-olds, and families with 3-year-olds with a qualifying factor need to apply through Universal Preschool Colorado:
All families with 3-year-olds who will pay tuition (no qualifying factors) need to apply here:
Preschool Program Options
In addition to Universal Preschool, St. Vrain offers other enrollment options for qualifying students. Preschoolers must be three or four years of age on or before October 1 to enroll. Preschool programming offers the following opportunities for students:
St. Vrain Valley’s preschool programs meet quality standards and state licensing requirements. Classes are limited in size with low adult to child ratios.
- Tuition rate for the 3 year old part day preschool program is $538/month
- Tuition payments are per month for nine months
- Four part-day classes (Monday – Thursday, AM or PM)
- For 4 year olds who qualify for only part day UPK but want to enroll in a full day program, the tuition portion will be $404/month
- Students must be three or four years of age on or before October 1
- Parents/guardians must complete the district preschool application
Children with Disabilities
Whom do I contact if I have concerns about my child’s development?
Call Jodie Guerrieri at Child Find (303-772-6649) to schedule a screening.
At what age are children eligible to receive services in Special Education?
The District is required to provide special education to eligible children when a child reaches their 3rd birthday.
If a child qualifies for Special Education and a preschool program is recommended, is the child guaranteed a placement in the school of attendance/residency?
No, the district must provide a free appropriate public education that meets the individualized needs of the child and sometimes this means attending an appropriate preschool outside of the attendance area. The district has a limited number of preschool programs therefore, the attendance/residency area program may be full when the child is identified for special education. In this case, another program would be recommended.
Identification & Eligibility
- Eligibility is determined by Child Find at district Student Services
- To schedule a screening appointment, call 303-772-6649
- No charge to parents for eligible programs and services
Universal Preschool Updates
February 14 Update
The state has paused the 1st round of the UPK Colorado matching process temporarily to allow families the ability to edit their applications. Please feel free to reach out to the Boulder County LCO at (720) 548-3981 with questions or support needs. Continue to monitor our website for updates.
February 17 Update
All families who have already submitted applications will be able to make changes from February 17-24. The state will notify families through either email or text. If you need assistance please reach out to the Boulder County LCO at (720)548-3981.
Preschool Program Locations
Preschool programs are offered at elementary schools in the St. Vrain Valley School District. Frederick and Firestone students attend preschool at SPARK Discovery Preschool in Frederick.
Specific school locations, preschool hours, and contact information can be found in the Preschool Programs Reference Sheet:
2022 – 2023: English | Spanish
2023 – 2024: English I Spanish
Click here to find your attendance area.
Registration for 2022-2023
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year continues. Please note, choice programming may be limited as space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The tuition rates for all preschool programs for the 2022-2023 school year:
- 4 half-day classes (M-Th am or pm) – $350 per month for 9 months
- $65 non-refundable registration fee (not applicable for CPP or scholarship applications)
View and download the 2022-2023 preschool handbook
Success Begins Here
Enrolling your student in a high-quality preschool program is one of the best ways to give them a strong start on their academic journey and ensure a competitive advantage in elementary school and beyond. Follow us on Twitter at @ECEinSVVSD to learn more about St. Vrain’s outstanding preschool programs.
Launching in to the Future
Birth to Graduation
Foundations for Success