For Your Protection
St. Vrain Valley Schools paid life and AD&D insurance programs protect employees for the “you never know” circumstances. Eligible employees may purchase optional employee, spouse and child life insurance and employee short-term disability coverage. Participation in a community pool of hours in a Sick Leave Bank is also available.
- Life Insurance – Regular employees who work 10 hours or more per week are eligible for district-paid life and AD&D coverage:
- Classified and Certified Employees qualify for $40,000 of district-paid life/AD&D insurance
- APT Employees qualify for $150,000 of district-paid life/AD&D insurance
- Optional Life Insurance – Regular employees who work 17.5 hours or more per week qualify to purchase additional life insurance:
- Employee – Coverage can be purchased in $10,000 increments up to $500,000 (may require proof of good health)
- Spouse – Coverage can be purchased in $5,000 increments up to $250,000 (may require proof of good health)
- Children – Coverage can be purchased in $2,000 increments up to $10,000
- Disability Insurance – Regular employees who work 17.5 hours or more per week can purchase optional short-term disability insurance that will replace up to 60% of their pre-disability income when they are unable to work due to a qualified illness or non-work-related injury
- PERA Disability (upon vesting) – PERA members with five or more years of earned service credit are covered, at no additional premium cost, by a two-tier disability program consisting of:
- Short-Term Disability Program – Click here to view a brief video on PERA disability coverage
- Disability Retirement Program
*For additional information on the PERA disability programs, contact PERA at 800-759-7372.
- Sick Leave Bank – Eligible employees may participate in one of two voluntary sick leave banks that allow employees to donate a portion of their paid time off into a Sick Leave Bank to assist other participating employees when an extended illness or injury renders them unable to work. Call 303-682-7282 for additional information.