Thanks for a great start to the 2014-2015 school year! There is quite a bit happening in our schools, so I hope you will take a moment to read this update, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns.
St. Vrain Valley School District Hiring Process
Below are the steps you will take in order to finalize your employment:
- Search and apply for a job at St. Vrain
- Selected candidates will be interviewed
- Successful candidates will be offered position
- The Human Resources Office will contact the candidate to complete employment and payroll paperwork.
- Please bring proper identification to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. Most commonly used forms are as follows:
- Driver’s License or State Issued ID AND Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or State Issued ID AND Birth Certificate
- OR Current U.S. Passport
- Please bring a voided check with you for direct deposit authorization. All employees are required to have their wages directly deposited into their account or have their wages disbursed using PAYMAST'R direct pay check cards. More information is available at www.paymastr.com.
- If you are a licensed employee, you will need to bring your official transcripts, two letters of recommendation and a copy of your teaching license.
If you are an instructional Paraprofessional, you will also need to bring your official transcripts to show highly qualified status for the position.
- Background Checks/Fingerprints
- All employees of St. Vrain School District are required to complete a background check and fingerprints. Preschool, Community School and Day Treatment employees are required to complete a second set of fingerprints.
- District employees will be charged $40.00 for their background check (deducted from first two pay checks) and will be responsible for paying the fingerprint charge ($10.00 at fingerprint site). Community School employees are exempt from the $40.00 background check charge.
- Fingerprint cards are due back no later than a week after you receive the fingerprint card.
- Fingerprint locations can be found at the following: Fingerprint Agencies
- Upon completion of your employment paperwork, you will sign a Contract (licensed staff) or Notice of Assignment (classified staff).
- Schedule an orientation with the Benefits Department by speaking with the Human Resources Department Secretary.
- You will begin work on your designated start date mutually agreed upon by you, Human Resources and your district site supervisor.
For questions about employment and the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 303-682-7367.
General business hours for the Department of Human Resources are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday