- Open the SVVSD Chemical Inventory Form
- Write the date the inventory is conducted along with the name and telephone number of the person conducting the Inventory.
- Storage Location: Provide room number(s) where products are stored. Provide general storage method and conditions (example – CR 349 on metal shelving, room has ventilation).
- Number of Containers: Provide the total quantity in the blank provided.
- Container Size: Provide the size of the container with the correct until of measure.
- State: Provide the physical state of the product [example – solid (S), liquid (L), gas (G), aerosol (AE), or Compressed Gas (*G)]. A powder is considered a solid. If you have a paste, please call it a liquid.
- MSDS: Ensure that there is a MSDS cataloged for the product. If yes, please be sure that it is recent (no more than 3-5 years old). If no, please be sure to download one from the internet, or request one from the manufacturer.
- Pick Up and Dispose of Hazardous Waste Products: If you need to dispose of a product, please fill out the Chemical Disposal Form that can be found on the Laboratory Safety webpage and submit it to the Environmental Compliance Manager. Do not throw the product away.
Academic Excellence By Design