We will continue to offer bus transportation on in-person learning days for students who qualify. Riders will continue to adhere to all safety protocols including required mask wearing and seating charts.
Additionally, we are working with our county health agency partners on any potential changes to our protocols now that more elementary students will be utilizing transportation services on in-person learning days.
Bus Safety Procedures
- Employees working on buses will be wearing face coverings when students are loading and unloading.
- Between the routes, staff will disinfect common areas including bus seats, windows, and aisles to ensure the safest environment possible.
- Students will have assigned seating, and family members from the same household will sit together when riding the bus.
- Students will board the bus from back to front to lessen congestion and unnecessary face-to-face contact between students.
- Face coverings need to be worn at all times while on the school bus.
- Students will practice social distancing while waiting to exit from the bus, keeping the aisles clear. It is recommended that students remain seated until the passenger ahead is at least 6 feet down the aisle.
Safety at the Bus Stop
- Students should arrive at the bus collection point five minutes before the scheduled departure time, and practice social distancing while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- When the bus arrives, students shall continue to maintain a safe social distance, allowing for calm, orderly boarding of the bus.
- Before boarding, each student will be required to have their face covering in place and have their bus pass out, ready to scan as they enter the bus.