Meal Service During COVID-19
St. Vrain Valley Schools has implemented a number of protocols to ensure that students continue to receive nutritious meals during school closures while maintaining high standards for health and safety.
- All schools will serve meals in the cafeteria.
- Meals will be hot lunch and follow traditional menu patterns of past years.
- Due to the USDA extension of the Summer Feeding program, meals will be offered at “no charge” for all students until the extension expires in June 2022.
Additional Health and Safety Protocols
- Students will wear face coverings until they sit down at the cafeteria table with their meal.
- Food share tables will gradually be implemented starting in September .
- Salad bars and condiment stations will be discontinued, however fresh fruits and vegetables will remain available through the service line.
- All cafeteria staff will follow the same strict guidelines for restaurant and food service workers required by the state health department. Staff will wear face masks and go through a temperature check before meals are prepared.
Meals will be offered at “no charge” for any child age 1-18, however families who qualify for free and reduced price lunch are still strongly encouraged to complete an application. Qualification of free or reduced status qualifies households for the P-EBT benefit through the state of Colorado during the school year.
Student’s meal applications will expire on August 31 from last year. Families will need to complete a new application for this school year. Families may complete a new application at https://www.myschoolapps.com for this school year. If you have questions about the application process contact Sandra Melara at email@example.com.