Meal Service During COVID-19
St. Vrain Valley Schools has implemented a number of protocols to ensure that students continue to receive nutritious meals during school closures while maintaining high standards for health and safety.
- All schools will serve meals in the cafeteria with additional social distancing protocols in place.
- Meals will be hot lunch and follow traditional menu patterns of past years.
- Due to the USDA extension of the Summer Feeding program, meals will be offered at “no charge” for all students until the extension expires in December.
Additional Health and Safety Protocols
- Students will wear face coverings until they sit down at the cafeteria table with their meal.
- Food share tables will be discontinued.
- Salad bars and condiment stations will be discontinued, however fresh fruits and vegetables will remain available through the service line.
- All cafeteria staff will follow the same strict guidelines for restaurant and food service workers required by the state health department. Staff will wear face masks and go through a temperature check before meals are prepared.
In addition to in-school meal service, the Nutrition Services Department will continue the curbside meal program Monday through Friday with a sack lunch and breakfast will be offered daily.
Meals will be offered at “no charge” for any child age 1-18, however families who qualify for free and reduced price lunch are still strongly encouraged to complete an application.
Student’s meal applications will expire on August 31 from last year. Families will need to complete a new application for this school year. Families may complete a new application at https://www.myschoolapps.com for this school year. If you have questions about the application process contact Sandra Melara at firstname.lastname@example.org.