In order to provide a substantive option for our students with health concerns or special circumstances, St Vrain has partnered with the Florida Virtual School (FLVS) to create St. Vrain LaunchED Virtual Academy.
Offering kindergarten through 12th grade courses, this curriculum will be taught by St. Vrain Valley Schools teachers and delivered via Schoology. The intent for this program is to serve students with a robust and rigorous online learning experience. Students enrolled in the program will stay affiliated with their school of record. Please click here for further information about the program, expectations, considerations, and contact information.
Only students who have the following plans will be considered for Homebound Instruction: Students with Individual Health Plans, 504 Plans or Individualized Education Plans (IEP) will be eligible to apply for Homebound Instruction through their schools Nurse Consultant.
For those who qualify, Homebound instruction is intended to provide short-term educational support for approximately two to three hours per week and should not replace or duplicate school-based instruction. Therefore, the school team prioritizes and limits the subject areas to be taught by the homebound teacher.
Homebound instruction can occur in an alternative location (i.e. community library, virtual setting) or the home if another responsible adult is present (i.e. parent, guardian, sibling over 18, etc.). Students who qualify for Homebound Instruction must request an application via the School Nurse Consultant at their school (Note: both pages and the medical section of the application must be completed) and received by the Student Services Department. In the interim, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we will only be providing this service via virtual online support and/or meeting one on one in a district building.
In addition to illness, students with an IEP may require alternative services for issues related to behavior or safety. In these cases, the Special Education Area Coordinator will need to be contacted before decisions are finalized.
- The Parent or School requests Homebound Application from Nurse Consultant.
- The Parent gets Homebound Application completed and signed by a physician or MHP.
- The School Nurse Consultant confirms the condition with the physician or MHP.
- The School Nurse Consultant ensures that all signatures are secured.
- The School Nurse Consultant submits the application to Student Services (Tracy Dabney).
- The Executive Director approves or rejects the Homebound Application.
- If approved, Student Services (Tracy Dabney) assigns a Homebound Teacher