At this time, the district is planning for a full return to in-person learning. As we get closer to the start of the 2021-2022 school year, St. Vrain Valley Schools will share information later this summer with families, teachers, and staff regarding the latest COVID-19 guidance and requirements from our local and state health agency partners.
While this is our plan at this time, the evolving nature of this health crisis will require us to remain flexible as we plan for the start of the school year and beyond. The Governor’s Office, as well as our local and state health departments, could issue new orders at any time that would require us to alter our current plans.
Additional School Safety Information
- Preschool students will attend school in-person fully according to the program in which they are currently enrolled.
- Additional precautions will be in place to ensure social distancing and a safe learning environment.
- Upon arrival, students will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- For students under the age of 12, masks are still strongly recommended by BCPH when indoors, however they are not required.
- Students will have opportunities for recess daily, except during inclement weather.
- Students will be dismissed at exits in a way that keeps classes separated as much as possible and dismissal times may be staggered when needed to maintain social distancing.
Preschool Teaching & Learning Priorities:
- Safety: The health and safety of our students, staff, and parents is our top priority and we continue to work in partnership with Boulder County Health and the State of Colorado to determine the health and safety practices for our schools. Students should be prepared for additional procedures when they return to school, in accordance with our health agency partner guidelines.
- Relationships: Establish and maintain strong teacher to student (family) and student to student relationships.
- Engagement: Create ongoing opportunities for engagement and excitement in learning.
- Academic Excellence: Deliver high-quality, developmentally appropriate instruction.
- Equity: All students have the access to resources and the support they need to reach their educational goals.
In the event that we become aware of a positive and/or suspected case of COVID-19 in a classroom or a school environment, our local health department has assigned an epidemiologist and several contact tracers to St. Vrain who will work closely with our district nurses and leadership in determining and guiding the appropriate next steps. Toward this end, our system is well-prepared to support a robust online, synchronous learning environment in the event students or staff need to quarantine or isolate for a period of time. If it becomes necessary to temporarily return to a fully-online learning environment, we will work closely with our county and state health agency partners on recommended actions and closely adhere to their guidance and directions. Communication regarding quarantines will be directly with those impacted.