Dear St. Vrain Resident,
Thanks to a supportive community, highly qualified and committed teachers and staff, and engaged parents, the entire family of St. Vrain Valley Schools is experiencing enormous success. As Superintendent of Schools, I am especially proud of the work being done to expand high-rigor instructional programming throughout the 57 schools and programs that comprise our comprehensive PreK-12 system.
Some noteworthy achievements include:
- District Race to the Top Federal Grant Winner: One of 16 winners nationwide ($16,600,000)
- Invest in Innovation (i3) Federal Grant Winner: Top score application of 1,700 applicants ($3,600,000)
- Legacy Foundation Advanced Placement Grant ($300,000)
- District named 2012 'Large Business of the Year' by Longmont Chamber of Commerce
- Highest 3rd grade reading scores in our district's history for the past three years
- Numerous John Irwin School of Excellence Awards (Colorado's top 8 percent high performing schools)
- Several Colorado Trailblazer 'School to Watch' Awards
- Numerous Governor's Distinguished Improvement Awards
- Winner - Several Colorado Principal of the Year Awards for district principals
Our entire community benefits significantly when we work together to build and maintain a strong system of public schools.
I hope you enjoy learning about some of the many successes of St. Vrain Valley Schools described in the following pages. We are proud of our accomplishments, and we are grateful for your ongoing and generous support.
Take care, and have a wonderful summer.
Don Haddad, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Kristie Sekich Jonason
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Phone: (303) 682 - 7205