St. Vrain was honored to have 13 schools receive awards, some more than one.
Healthy Kids Initiative
Medical Program Specialist
Boulder County Healthy Kids has partnered with St Vrain Valley School District to provide health insurance liaisons to help students and their families enroll in health insurance and to access affordable health care. Healthy Kids helps families enroll in Medicaid, Children’s Health Plan Plus (CHP+), and links families to Connect for Health Colorado.
Medicaid and CHP+ are free and low-cost public health insurance plans that provide dental, medical prescription and vision benefits. There are no monthly premiums and co-pays range from $0-10 depending on family income.
Connect for Health Colorado is a new marketplace where people and small business in Colorado can shop, compare, pick and purchase health insurance plans and get exclusive access to new up-front financial assistance to reduce costs.
Getting enrolled in Medicaid, CHP+, or Connect for Health Colorado today means your children are covered for urgent care, regular check-ups, dental care, immunizations, and prescription medications when they need it!
Medical Program Specialists are available to serve families at all SVVSD schools. Please fill out this referral form if your family or a family you are working with would like to apply for Medicaid, CHP+, or Connect for Health Colorado. A SVVSD Medical Program Specialist will contact you as soon as possible.
Call 720-722-1454 to speak with a representative or to make an appointment!
What can the Healthy Kids Initiative do for you?
- Enroll SVVSD students and families in free or low-cost health insurance
- Provide application assistance at easily accessible locations such as schools and public libraries
- Connect families to local health care providers and specialists
- Link families to local community resources
- Provide CHP+ enrollment fee scholarships
- Offer Presumptive Eligibility (quick, temporary insurance for qualifying children and pregnant women)
- Links families to a health coverage guide to help enroll in Connect for Health Colorado (Colorado’s new online health insurance marketplace) http://connectforhealthco.com
- Fact Sheet
- Student Referral Form
- Medicaid Covered Benefits
- Boulder County Provider List
- Weld County Provider List
Student Services/ 830 S Lincoln St Longmont Co 80303