St. Vrain Valley Schools is looking for a talented marketing and communications specialist to join our award-winning Communications Department.
The School Marketing and Communications Specialist’s chief duty is to develop, implement and support strategic communication critical to St. Vrain Valley Schools and its affiliates. This position is responsible for maintaining strong channels of communication between the communications team and area schools, creating detailed communication plans, generating written and digital content for multiple platforms, and providing creative services to support district and school initiatives. As a member of St. Vrain Valley Schools’ award-winning communications team, the School Marketing and Communications Specialist champions the standard of excellence in leadership, integrity, collaboration and transparency.
Applications must be submitted through St. Vrain Valley Schools’ application system at http://stvra.in/commsjob. Please include a cover letter, resume, portfolio and list of three professional references when applying for this position. For full consideration, please apply by 9/2/2022.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in graphic design, brand management, and writing
- Has a desire to create innovative work and are able to bring fresh ideas and work in a collaborative environment
- Is customer service oriented
- Is passionate about public education and making a difference
Job duties include:
- Act as primary liaison between schools and the Communications Department regarding internal/external communications and marketing projects
- Maintaining a strong presence in schools; attending school sponsored events throughout the school year.
- Creating detailed communication plans, generating written and digital content for multiple platforms
- Providing creative services to support district and school initiatives
- Support the development of written and designed content for both print and digital platforms.
- Training/guiding school staff in the use of websites, electronic newsletters and overall best practices in the area of communications and marketing
- Advising school administrators and staff to ensure adherence to district social media guidelines, website guidelines, and brand standards
- Assisting, as needed, in emergency and crisis communications in collaboration with the media, emergency responders, parents, businesses and other community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Over one year and up to three years of experience in marketing and communications, writing, graphic design, project management, content management systems and customer service. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong writing and copywriting skills; oriented with AP Style
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to be on call and/or respond to calls 24/7
Preferred job qualifications:
- Experience with a DSLR camera, videography, and audio recording equipment
- Fluency in Spanish
The salary schedule for this position is $71,623-$98,909. The hiring salary is commensurate with education and experience. The hiring range typically falls within the lower level of the range
About St. Vrain Valley Schools:
St. Vrain Valley Schools is the seventh largest school district in Colorado, serving over 33,000 students across 13 communities that include Erie, Firestone, Frederick, Longmont, Lyons, Mead and Niwot. St. Vrain Valley Schools is nationally recognized for our emphasis on technology, innovation, STEM, robotics and instructional focus programs.