Dear Parents and Guardians,
St. Vrain Valley Schools takes great pride in providing all students with nutritious meals throughout the day to support their learning and well-being. There will be no cost to families for school meals during the 2021-2022 school year.
Families are encouraged to submit a Meal Application Family Income Form as it supports our students, families, teachers, and schools with additional funding. Whether your child chooses to enjoy school lunches or bring their own meal from home, filling out the form is a quick, easy process and offers many benefits to our families and schools.
Please see the list of benefits to families and schools below. Thank you for your continued partnership in supporting our students, teachers, schools, and district. If you have any questions about the meal application process please contact Sandra Melara at 303-702-7793 or email@example.com.
Family Benefits to Submitting a Meal Application Family Income Form:
- School program fees are waived.
- After-school program fees are waived.
- Preschool programs fees are waived.
- SAT and ACT tests and college application fees are reduced.
- Access to community food banks services are available.
- Discounts on utilities and internet service are available.
- Discounts for participation in community groups like sports or YMCA programs are available.
School Benefits to Submitting a Meal Application Family Income Form:
- Schools receive more federal dollars in their budgets to support students.
- Schools receive additional dollars in grants targeting school programs.
- Title I Schools receive additional funding dollars for classroom support.
- District Technology Services receives additional e-rate funding dollars for classroom support.
- St. Vrain Valley Schools qualifies to receive more money per student from the state and federal government, which they can pass on to school classrooms.
- Middle schools with high return rates may also help their feeder elementary schools qualify for free afterschool snacks, dinners, and on-site summer meals.
- Schools may become eligible for money to fund after-school programs.
- Schools may become eligible for money to fund preschool programs.