Program Ending in 2019
Final Driver's Education Classes
- Silver Creek High School – 8:00 - 11:15 a.m.
- Silver Creek High School – 1:00 - 4:15 p.m.
- Skyline High School – 8:00 - 11:15 a.m.
- Skyline High School – 4:30-7:45
Contact phone: 720.494.3960 to clarify information provided below if necessary.
** Pre registration code ( required by Colorado State DMV ) **
Students may register and pay on-line through REVTRAK for any of the below-listed fee option categories by clicking on the links provided at the bottom of this brief summary of program offerings. Please refer to the descriptors provided and then select your preferred instructional category. Students must be 15 years old on the first day of class to register for any of the fee option categories.
Important Note: By State Law any driver under the age of 18 wishing to acquire a Colorado State drivers’ license must be issued and hold a valid driving permit for a period of one year prior to a drivers’ license being issued. The St. Vrain Valley School District Driver Education Program is accredited and is in compliance with the Colorado State Department of Revenue to instruct students wishing to acquire a valid Colorado driving permit. The Revenue Department is tasked with oversite of driver training schools, and with the issuance of Federal Identification documents, one of which is a driver’s permit.
Cost Summary of Program Options
Students may register for any of the below-listed options by clicking on the links provided at the bottom of this summary of program offerings.
- No Charge (optional) “Partnering with Parents” Introductory Sessions held prior to the beginning of each trimester to acquaint parent/guardians with the goals of the Driver Education Program. Participation in these sessions is encouraged, but not required. This is an excellent way to have all your questions answered about the various program offerings.
- $420.00: Our Full service program includes 30 hours of live inter-active student & teacher classroom instruction to acquire a Colorado driving permit. Included in this fee option package is six hours of behind-the-wheel training with one of our professional driving instructors once a permit is issued. No extra fee is charged for behind-the-wheel training. This fee option works well for students wishing to be issued a driving permit at age 15, and a Colorado drivers’ license at age 16. This program benefits all students regardless of age over 15. We have many older teens registering for these classes each session. To register and pay on-line click here. Cash or check payments are accepted for this fee option at the start of classes. Pre-registration is encouraged if paying directly. Click on this link to pre-register.
- $75.00 Our Driver Awareness Class for students wishing to receive a drivers’ license by age 16 ½ and who wish to begin their mandatory one year of permitted driving by starting later than lawfully allowed. This is a four hour American Safety Council certified class offered once monthly. No behind-the-wheel instruction is included, but is available as described above in option #3. NOTE: We strongly encourage students in this program to register for our Behind the Wheel instruction in order to internalize valuable safe driving habits. To register and pay on-line click here. Cash or check payments are also accepted for this fee option at the start of classes. Online pre-registration is encouraged even if paying by check or cash. Important Note: State Law prohibits us from accepting into this program students under the age of 15 ½ on the date your student’s class begins. Click on the link below to pre-register.
- $40.00 Colorado State drivers’ license test. Students must call our office to schedule his/her appointment for a driving test once the mandatory one year permit driving period is complete. No online pre-registration is yet available for this fee option. Please call our office at 720.494.3960 to schedule your student’s driver license examination. Reservations will be taken up to two weeks in advance (and a minimum of one week in advance if spaces are available) of the one-year permit anniversary date. Once the 20 minute driver license test has been successfully completed, State of Colorado Compliance paperwork will be provided that is to be presented by the student at the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) local office. Then, a valid State of Colorado Drivers’ License will be issued at the DMV. Your student must be a minimum age of 16 and have completed the requirements accordance with State regulations. Cash or check payments (only) are accepted for this fee option at the time the driver license test is given.