Highlands Elementary Transportation Information
Transportation for the 2021-2022 School Year
The Transportation Department is committed to continuously providing the best service possible for our students and their families. As we prepare for a boundary change to welcome Highlands Elementary to St. Vrain Valley Schools, please note some key information regarding transportation options for families who reside within the Erie Highlands subdivision and nearby neighborhoods.
All riders must register and have a seat reserved before accessing the bus. Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin March 15, 2021 and can be found here.
General Transportation Information:
- Students who reside within the Highlands Elementary attendance area, but outside the walk zone, will have transportation provided by the district.
- All elementary students who reside in the Erie Highlands and Grand View neighborhoods will be within the walking zone for Highlands Elementary.
- The new boundary change has not impacted secondary students. Busing will continue for these students as previously established.
- For the 2021-2022 school year, fifth grade students, who reside in the Highlands Elementary attendance area and choose to open enroll into Soaring Heights PK-8, will have transportation provided.
Transportation Space-Available Information:
- Open enrolled students may access buses servicing eligible riders on a space-available basis.
- Space-available seats are assigned after eligible students utilizing the bus have been identified.
- Space-available seats are evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis approximately three weeks after the start of the school year. Parents will be notified when a seat becomes available for their student(s).
Please contact the transportation department at 303-702-7540.