Middle School Information
This year, students will return to school for in-person learning with a full, five-day school week. Click here to access the academic calendar for 2021-2022. Families who prefer to continue with virtual learning still have the option to enroll in our LaunchED Virtual Academy which serves students in grades K-12.
As was the case last year, the evolving nature of this health crisis will require us to remain flexible as we plan for the start of the school year and beyond. The Governor’s Office or our health agency partners could issue new guidance at any time that may require us to alter our plans.
Additional Safety Information
- Boulder County Public Health has mandated that all students in grades PK-12 wear a mask while inside of our school buildings, regardless of vaccination status. Students must wear a mask indoors at school daily, and we recommend you send a spare mask in a ziplock that can be kept at school.
- St. Vrain Valley Schools will allow for families to apply for a mask exemption if their student has any medical reasons that would make wearing a mask difficult or harmful to the student. Students who have a mask exemption may experience increased quarantines if they are exposed to COVID-19 at school. Please click here to download and complete the mask exemption form, which must be turned in to your school principal.
- Students will not be required to wear masks outdoors. Accordingly, we will be strongly encouraging our teachers and staff to provide several outdoor breaks for lunch and physical activity, etc., throughout the day.
- In order to minimize close contact with other students, there will be directional arrows in our hallways to help guide students. As much as possible, students will stay to the right in hallways and use the directional arrows to keep traffic flowing.
- Upon arrival, students will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Parents are asked to screen their students for COVID symptoms using our Safe with Seven guidelines and take students’ temperatures before sending them to school.
- Students will be seated spaced apart to the fullest distance possible in classrooms.
- Students will attend electives on a regular schedule, however there will be less sharing of equipment and materials.
Masking all students and staff while indoors will result in a significant decrease in classroom quarantines, which will serve to minimize disruptions to our students’ in-person learning. The health department has indicated that higher risk activities, such as athletics and music programs, could still be subject to regular quarantine protocols.
This year, we will be notifying families regarding cases of COVID-19 in your school if your student is directly impacted. For families interested in tracking the case data related to their school, St. Vrain Valley Schools will continue to maintain a COVID-19 case dashboard on our website beginning August 17. Confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be updated on weekday mornings and quarantine information will be updated weekly on Friday mornings when school is in session.