COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
Keeping our schools open to in-person learning is a high priority and requires all of us to engage with the health and safety protocols in school and in the community. To this end, we will maintain our current health and safety measures that are in alignment with the recommendations of our health agency partners.
- Social distancing will be maintained as much as possible, including one-directional hallways, staggered recess times, lunch time, and as our students move throughout the school.
- In order to minimize close contact with other students, there will be directional arrows in our hallways to help guide students. As much as possible, students will use the directional arrows to keep traffic flowing.
- Students will be seated spaced apart to the fullest distance possible in classrooms.
- Our operations team continues to ensure that our HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) are operating at their highest capacity to support quality airflow and ventilation in classrooms and buildings. Our HVAC systems are in full compliance with ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers) guidelines.
Student Health and Hygiene
- Students will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Classrooms have been equipped with additional supplies of hand sanitizer.
- Families are asked to take temperatures prior to sending students to school and keep students home if they have a temperature of 100.4ºF or higher.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle from home to use during the school day. Some school drinking fountains have been outfitted with bottle filling nozzles and can only be used to refill water bottles. Traditional drinking fountains are presently inactive to prevent use.
- St. Vrain Valley Schools has increased building cleaning protocols and has hired additional custodial staff to support schools in additional sanitizing of high-touch surface areas.
- School buses will be thoroughly sanitized between routes.
- School cafeteria tables and lunch lines will be disinfected between each meal service.
Temperature and Symptom Checks
- Families are asked to engage in passive screening at home (for example, take temperatures prior to sending students to school and keep students home if they are sick with COVID-19 like symptoms)
- Keep students home if they have a temperature of 100.4ºF or higher.
- Schools have been equipped with infrared thermometers to use as necessary.
- Students and staff will monitor their COVID-19 like symptoms.