St. Vrain Valley Schools is looking for an innovative and forward-thinking web development and user experience expert to join our high-functioning communications team.
To Apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and any relevant work samples to email@example.com. Applicants that proceed to the in-person interviews will be required to submit a formal application in through our Applitrack hiring system.
Our award-winning communications team is comprised of strategic and creative problem-solvers who deliver purpose-driven products and services that build strong external and internal relations for our community. This position will play a critical role in the district and position serves as the technical project lead in the strategy, design, development, maintenance, and administration of the district’s public-facing web system and communication technologies.
- Oversees management and continuous improvement of communications web and technology systems including the district website, school websites, and other communications systems.
- Ensures adherence to ADA web accessibility requirements, and designs and builds dynamic web-pages and multimedia content that is ADA compliant.
- Collaborates with the communications team and other department leads on the strategic planning, design, and implementation of new web-based technologies to foster greater internal and external communication. Serves as key liaison for special communications projects and districtwide campaign initiatives.
- Creates or customizes modules and plugins in support of specialized functionality.
- Is lead contact to manage web-based vendors including web hosting provider.
- Remains on-call outside of business hours to respond to system issues or other emergency needs.
- Oversees system administration including security updates, version control system usage, and documentation.
- Develops and manages training and other professional development for stakeholders including school/department webmasters and staff.
Required job qualifications:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in computer science, web development web design, or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Knowledge of and experience with community modules, plugins, and themes, as well as custom plugin and theme development
- Familiarity with git version control system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred job qualifications:
- Experience with TailwindCSS
- Experience with Alpine.js, Vue.js, or React
- Experience with ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Experience with experience design tools, such as Adobe XD or Figma
- Experience in public education, higher education or another public sector, or large/complex organization
- Experience with multimedia content development and creation
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
In addition to someone with strong technical skills, we are looking for a partner who wants to advance highly-effective digital solutions for a large, complex organization. You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Are a natural problem-solver, driven by curiosity and exploring new possibilities.
- Believes in the power of the digital world to connect, engage, and transform how we work.
- Have a desire to create innovative work and are able to bring fresh ideas.
- Are self-directed and able to manage multiple priorities in a collaborative environment.
- Are passionate about public education and have a strong desire to do work that matters.
The salary range for this position is $84,353 – $116,354, and is commensurate with education and experience.
About St. Vrain Valley Schools:
St. Vrain Valley Schools is a nationally recognized school district for innovation and technology, and is the educational home to approximately 33,000 of Colorado’s students. The seventh largest school district in the state, St. Vrain Valley operates 60 schools and programs that are spread over 411 square miles. Learn more at www.svvsd.org.
Working in St. Vrain:
In joining the St. Vrain Valley Schools community, you will become part of a highly effective and supportive team of professionals who are having a significant impact in the lives of students and families within our community. St. Vrain Valley Schools offers a wide range of benefits, programs, and resources that are competitive, diverse, and flexible to meet your needs. Employees can customize a selection of benefits that are exactly right for their personal situation. Additionally, employees are part of the PERA Public Employees Retirement System, and benefit from a generous leave package that includes 20 paid vacation days each year, 13 holiday days, and 12 days of PTO/Sick Leave. St. Vrain Valley Schools is an in-person work environment.