Dear St. Vrain Valley Community,
Thank you for your outstanding support in championing the growth and development of St. Vrain Valley Schools into a nationally recognized center of excellence for student engagement and 21st-century learning. Your unwavering dedication to the well-being and success of our students, teachers, staff, and schools is a testament to the outstanding community in which we live.
2014-2015 Tax Work-off Program Underway
The School Board has approved a program that allows senior citizens or individuals with a disability certified by their doctor to work off a portion of their property taxes by volunteering in the District. We will offer the Tax Work-Off Program to qualifying seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be 60 years of age or older or have a disability.
- Applicants who are a person with a disability must submit a signed and dated letter from a Colorado licensed health care professional verifying the taxpayer is a person with a disability.
- Applicants must own AND live in the home for which they are applying (must be residential non-income producing).
- Applicants must reside in the St. Vrain Valley School District boundary area.
- Only one person per household may apply.
Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. Qualified individuals interested in participating should call Linda Lohmann at 303-682-7205 starting November 3, 2014 through December 12, 2014 to register. Participants will be paid for up to 40 hours worked between January 5, 2015 and April 30, 2015 at $8.00 per hour for a total of $320.00.