Dear St. Vrain Valley Community,
Thank you for your outstanding support in championing the growth and development of St. Vrain Valley Schools into a nationally recognized center of excellence for student engagement and 21st-century learning. Your unwavering dedication to the well-being and success of our students, teachers, staff, and schools is a testament to the outstanding community in which we live.
You are hereHome » Concurrent Enrollment
Fall 2020 Concurrent Enrollment Student Checklist
You have indicated that you are interested in enrolling in a college course while a high school student. The State of Colorado provides several options for students who meet high school standards to begin college early. The purpose of these options include promoting content standards, academic challenge and enrichment, and providing access to academic courses that may not be available at a local high school to meet high school graduation requirements. The final grade received will appear on the district’s official high school and postsecondary transcripts. To enroll at an eligible post-secondary institution a student must have completed the minimum course prerequisites and all required assessments. In order to ensure student safety, night classes must begin by 6:30 p.m. for approval. For any questions related to Concurrent Enrollment, such as process, eligibility, and prerequisites, please work directly with your school counselor.
Please complete the following checklist each semester, and observe the important dates and deadlines in the table below.
- Meet with your School Counselor - Your counselor can share information about the Concurrent Enrollment Program that allows students who have exhausted high school course options to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses.
- Update your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) with your Counselor - Your counselor will examine your ICAP to approve moving forward with postsecondary courses or other challenging courses.
- Prerequisites - Colleges may require students to take a placement exam or consider ACT/AP scores to enroll in courses. Consult your counselor and the college about testing accommodations and any course prerequisites that may be required.
- Complete Your College Application - Students must apply to the college. If it is a FRCC course, you must register with the college BEFORE registering at the district level. You will need your “S number” in order to complete the district registration. This applies to FRCC only. Meet with your counselor to make sure the application is completed correctly.
- Complete your District Online Registration Form - Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Program Agreement Form before enrolling into the postsecondary course(s). Once approved, a PDF of the agreement form will be mailed to you. You will need to print out the Agreement & Registration Signature page, complete it, and turn in to your counselor before you can attend class.
- Sign up for the College Opportunity Fund - The College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend pays a portion of your total in-state tuition when you attend a Colorado public institution or a participating private institution. The stipend is paid on a per credit hour basis to the institution at which you are enrolled and will be deducted from the designated COF fund.
- Register for your Course(s) - Once you have completed this checklist and are approved by your school and district to take a Concurrent Enrollment class, you will need to register at the college of choice for your course(s), pay any fees (if applicable), and purchase your textbooks.
- Males 18 and older are required to complete the Selective Service registration form. Colleges will put a hold on your account if you miss this step.
The District will pre-pay your tuition,minus Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF). The District is not responsible for payment of any additional fees other than tuition. Additional fees owed to the college must be paid directly to the college and are the student’s responsibility. Any student receiving a D, F, Withdrawal (after drop date) or Incomplete will be held responsible (along with parent/guardian) to reimburse the District for tuition. Payment options are 1) District’s RevTrak system 2) check or exact amount in cash.
Important Program Dates for Fall 2020 Enrollment
St. Vrain Valley Schools
Front Range Community College (click here for enrollment)
Males 18 and older are required to complete the Selective Service registration form. Front Range will put a hold on your account if you miss this step.
AIMS Community College (click here for enrollment)
Colorado State University (click here for enrollment)
University of Colorado Denver (click here for enrollment)
Only for P-TEACH program offered at the Innovation Center
CU Student/Parent Resources