Dear St. Vrain Valley Community,
Thank you for your outstanding support in championing the growth and development of St. Vrain Valley Schools into a nationally recognized center of excellence for student engagement and 21st-century learning. Your unwavering dedication to the well-being and success of our students, teachers, staff, and schools is a testament to the outstanding community in which we live.
K-12 Mathematics is part of the Department of Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction at the Learning Services Center. The mathematics department oversees and supports the development and implementation of Tier 1 curriculum, assessment, and instruction for mathematics in St. Vrain Valley Schools.
The K-12 Mathematics Coordinator is responsible for the following to support our community, parents, administrators, teachers, and students in St. Vrain Valley Schools:
- Support the schools and teachers with the adopted mathematics instructional materials K-12
- Align mathematics instructional materials to the Colorado Academic Standards PK-12, ensuring a rigorous, guaranteed & viable curriculum for all students
- Support the design, implementation, and interpretation of District-wide mathematics assessments
- Customize support for school-based improvement goals based on identified needs in mathematics achievement
- Identify, design, and coordinate mathematics professional development opportunities for District mathematics teachers
- Facilitate quarterly teacher leadership team meetings
- Facilitate the mathematics program/textbook adoption process
- Communicate with the Board of Education, District staff, and the public regarding the District mathematics program
Committees & Assemblies
The Department of Assessment, Curriculum, and Instruction has established teacher leadership teams with representation from each building to support District initiatives, District achievement goals, professional development, and instructional programming in mathematics. The Elementary, Middle School, and High School Mathematics Leadership Teams meet quarterly as a communication and support link between teachers, schools, and the District.