Dear St. Vrain Valley Schools Community,
You are hereHome » About » District Departments » Investing in Innovation Grant (i3) » St. Vrain Valley School District i3 Project Summary
St. Vrain Valley School District i3 Project Summary
Schools included in this Project:
- Skyline HS
- Trail Ridge MS
- Heritage MS
- Columbine ES
- Loma Linda ES
- Rocky Mountain ES
- Spangler ES
5 Years beginning in fall 2010
Total Budget from Federal Funds:
Total Matching amount from private industry needed:
Student Population Served:
- Students at risk of failing in literacy at Title I schools
- Math students at risk of failing at Heritage and Trail Ridge
- STEM students at Skyline High School
- Target populations: At risk Students to include: Title I students (poverty and need ), Hispanic students, ELL students
Plan goals and highlights:
- Implement augmented school year for at risk students at Elementary schools involved. 7 weeks of Pre K – 5 summer intervention with a literacy and English Language Development focus.
- Implement an augmented middle school math program for at risk students using Navigator math intervention.
- Implement fully a STEM Academy at Skyline High School to include an augmented summer program for STEM students, interactive, hands-on, technology rich projects, a STEM coach and STEM PD for STEM staff.
- Implement Galileo at all sites as a formative assessment, progress monitoring tool.
- Implement the Digital Learning Collaborative at all sites to include integration of technology with training of site teams, data driven dialogue and use of technology donated by IBM.