I would like to thank our entire community for your generous and heartfelt support for our students and staff in response to the disastrous September flooding.
The St. Vrain Valley School District recognizes the importance of a quality early childhood experience. The District provides preschool programs at all elementary schools and some community sites. The preschool program is family focused and the standards-based curriculum promotes learning through play and discovery. One of the main goals of the preschool program is to prepare children for kindergarten.
The Early Childhood/Preschool department oversees the following preschool programs:
- Tuition programs for 3 and 4 year old children (2, 3 and 4 half-day sessions)
- Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) for eligible 4 year old children (4 half-day sessions)
- Special Education services for eligible preschool children 3 to 5 year old children (2, 3, and 4 half-day sessions to meet individual needs) - Preschools work collaboratively with the District’s Special Education Department (Child Find) in the assessment, identification, and programming for children with disabilities
The department is responsible for supervision and implementation of the following:
- Preschool Standards
- Curriculum – Creative Curriculum® from Teaching Strategies
- Assessment – Creative Curriculum Developmental Continuum® (on-line, authentic assessment)
- Results Matter – Colorado’s statewide early childhood system
- Colorado Preschool Program – state funded program
Committees & Assemblies
St. Vrain Valley Early Childhood Council Members and Meetings (This Council also serves as the Colorado Preschool Program/CPP Council)
Kathy Anderson, Sharon Benson, Danielle Butler, Lesley Cunningham, Tina Farrell, Jojo Field, Judy Fry, Joan Holtz ,Don Horton, Melissa Houghton, Stephanie Kilby, April Menzies, Amy Ogilvie, Luli Schrepferman, Sara Scully, Marcia Seegersm, Linda Swedhin, Cindy Tempero, and Laura Wedel.
Crystal Adams, Allen Cooper, Janet Gutman, Andrea Kutscher, Angelica Vasquez, and Edy-Kay Ward
This Council meets from 9:00-11:00 a.m. the 3rd Thursday of each month (September through June).
Early Childhood/Preschool Department News
St. Vrain Valley Schools continues to accept applications for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). The program is a tuition free, state funded initiative which serves 4-year olds whose families are low-income and may have other at-risk factors.
The program provides half day preschool classes (morning or afternoon) Monday through Thursday at elementary and community sites throughout the District. Availability is limited and applications will be accepted until program is full.