Dear St. Vrain Valley Community,
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction supports the district-wide development of rigorous, relevant curriculum and supports implementation of best instructional practices to sustain high student achievement. Our vision is to:
- Develop and implement, with fidelity and accountability, a guaranteed and viable curriculum that is standards-based.
- Increase student achievement by focusing on what students need to know, understand, and be able to do, and how it is measured at each grade level.
- Empower teachers with research-based instructional strategies and resources.
- Provide knowledge, guidance, and support to building level leaders and student support staff in the areas of professional development, intervention systems design and educational change.
It is the department’s task to work with Learning Services personnel, principals, school teams, and individual teachers on curriculum issues and implementation as well as school-wide and individual instructional improvement. In addition, the department works closely with the professional development, instructional technology, and assessment staff to support a comprehensive curriculum program. Standards-based instruction and data based decision-making are areas of emphasis at both the district and school levels.
- Support the existing curriculum programs PreK-12.
- Facilitate and supervise the review, adoption, and implementation of District curricular materials.
- Facilitate the standards-based alignment of PreK-12 standards, graduate competencies, assessments, curriculum, instruction, and reporting.
- Design and facilitate professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Customize support for school-based improvement based on identified needs and goals.
- Respond to the emerging issues in education with research-based solutions.
- Supervise and lead the District curriculum coordinators.
- Oversee the District curriculum budget.
- Communicate with the Board of Education, staff, and the public regarding the District curriculum program.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring a district Response to Intervention system that includes student support processes, designed to raise achievement for all students and close the achievement gap for underperforming subgroups of students.
- Provide knowledge, guidance, and support to building level administrators and problem solving teams in the areas of professional development and intervention systems to increase student achievement.
- Problem solve with individual providers, teams and building level leaders to ensure quality interventions.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of student support systems and/or the modification of existing systems to meet the unique learning needs of students.
- Report Cards
- Concurrent Enrollment
Curriculum Department News
The World Languages Adoption Committee of the St. Vrain Valley Schools is seeking applicants for volunteer committee membership for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years. The committee is responsible for evaluating instructional materials, participating in publisher presentations, and selecting a pilot program for the 2014-2015 school year.